TelAbortion has several potential advantages over an in-person abortion:
- You don’t have to go in person to an abortion clinic to have the abortion, which may make the abortion more convenient and less costly.
- You also may be able to schedule the video evaluation sooner than you could go to a clinic for an in-person abortion.
- A TelAbortion may be more private because you can consult with the abortion provider from your home.
But TelAbortion may also have significant disadvantages for some women:
- Having to get the necessary tests before the abortion may delay the start of the abortion.
- If someone other than you opened the study package that is mailed to you, that person could find out that you are having an abortion.
- Depending on where you get the tests and what kind of medical insurance you have, the total cost of the TelAbortion may be more than the cost of an in-person medical abortion.